The live we’ve led has been absolutely nothing like what we expected…but God has been faithful and I wouldn’t trade anything for these first 13 years together.
In some ways, she’s the exact same girl I met one night at a gig, but in so many other ways, she’s grown and changed. I don’t how God does it, but it’s the miracle of marriage – that you could live a live with someone who is still the apple of your eye and at the same time, a person who has matured into something to be respected and emulated.
So here are 13 things I’m thankful about being married to Kristen.
- She still makes me laugh. All the time.
- She likes to go to big, dumb, blockbuster movies with explosions.
- She’s the most loyal person I’ve ever known.
- She lets me take naps.
- She sings like nobody else I know.
- She doesn’t freak out when I procrastinate. Much.
- She has taught me what it means to value home and family.
- She loves the internet.
- She’s fascinated with scary movies but is too afraid to watch them. For some reason – I love this.
- She’s loves looking stuff up. Seriously…she’s like our own Cliff Claven.
- She’s 100% honest but also considerate of others. That’s hard to do.
- You know…the hotness.
- She said yes.
I love you, Kristen Wright.