And no, I don’t know why I’m up at 4:30 in the morning. It’s a little disconcerting.
But why not pass the time trying to funny on your own blog, right? I mean come on…readers love this stuff.
- Driving two hours without kids is actually pretty nice. Love those two, but driving on the interstate with your wife makes for some pretty interesting conversation.
- We’re staying at a really nice hotel. The valet guys keep opening the doors for us when we leave and I’m not sure how the whole ‘tipping’ thing works when you’ve already carried in your own stuff. I’m not supposed to tip these guys for opening a door, am I? (That could get expensive.)
- There are at least two conventions going on at the hotel. One of them seems to be for white guys in their 60’s who wear phone holsters and talk on out-of-date cell phones. The other group is almost 100% Asian people, all in matching suits. Cult?
- Do hotel hallways have cameras? I pinched Kristen’s butt on the way to dinner and she got on to me because someone would see. When I pointed out the hallway was empty, she said “there are cameras!” But I’ve been looking and I don’t think I’ve ever seen cameras in hotel hallways. Is this true? I could have been committing murders for years and getting away with it!
- We skipped dessert at the restaurant. By the time we get back to the hotel, Kristen wants “something sweet.” The choices were A) spend your life savings at the mini-bar or B) send Todd to the convenience store. They have a lovely Racetrac store a few blocks from here.
- At the convenience store, a smarmy clerk exclaimed “look at you!” when I set down my items. I then told her she was a convenience store employee and I was a regionally-famous songwriter and worship leader. (in my mind)
- I know I’m not the first guy to point this out, but why do the cheap hotels have free internet and the expensive ones charge me $48 per day?