1. Typing this on my repaired computer. Gonna’ be a pain putting everything back on, but I’m up to the challenge.
2. Thanksgiving is next week! I’m a mix of I-can’t-believe-it’s-here-already and c’mon-thanksgiving-hurry-up!
3. I’ve been learning some Andrew Peterson songs for Advent and to promote his concert here on December 7. We normally do 3 or 4 of his at Christmas, but this year we’re adding some more.
4. Related: Andrew Peterson writes long bridges.
5. Kristen and I found a house we liked and put an offer on it. We had a realtor come out to our house to tell us what he thought it was worth. Unfortunately, the house we liked sold to somebody else. And the realtor was a jerk.
6. I’ve been leading our middle school worship at Bethel since the start of the school year. As look back on this first “half” of the school year, I am amazed at how respectful these kids are in worship. They listen, they sing out – they really are a pleasure to lead.
7. Dropbox and Carbonite. My two new best friends. (And an external hard drive just in case.)
8. If you live in or around Tyler, Texas, and you don’t have a church home, I’d suggest coming to Bethel during Advent. I think it’s going to be fantastic!
9. My wife should teach a class on how-to-be-an-awesome-pastor’s-wife. Her thoughtfulness, wisdom and support consistently surprises and blesses.