1. I am growing increasingly frustrated at watching promotional videos for new worship records wherein the writers/artists can’t express themselves clearly. Why would I want to buy music from a worship leader who can’t clearly guide me to understand what his or her music i?. Scratching your left arm and saying “um” a lot is not an advertising strategy. Or is it?
2. You gotta’ give Worship Leader Magazine props for being brave enough to post bad reviews of worship records. Go look for “negative” reviews at any other worship resource. You won’t find it. Worship Leader lets their reviewers be honest. As a guy who gives quite a few “bad” reviews every year, I can respect that.
3. How do you ensure that a teen pop star’s career survives his voice changing? You release a Christmas album where fans get used to the new voice. Bieber’s folks are smart, gang. No joke.
4. In the weeks leading up to December, I look at my song catalog, thinking, “There’s so much time to fill. How am I going to find Christmas music for all of this?”
Once December hits, I’m looking at the same list, saying, “Dang it! There’s not enough time for all these good songs!”
5. I can’t say enough about what a great job our Wednesday night band has done for the middle school service. Charles, Shawn and Kevin (along with Blake, Jason and Cade) have provided a quality experience week in and week out and I’ve loved playing with them. We’re ready for a break, but dang, if I’m not excited to get back to rocking there in the new year!
6. Didn’t exercise enough this week. Lots of late nights mean morning runs, which are not cool at all.
7. Andrew Peterson’s “Behold The Lamb Of God” comes to Tyler next week. I’m excited to see it but also pumped for lots of folks to discover this amazing production.
8. Last week, I discovered that my the ForScore app for my iPad will upload charts directly to Dropbox. The future is now, people!
9. I wish Future of Forestry had never made those Advent records. It’s so frustrating that I don’t have the instrumentation to pull off those beautiful beautiful songs.
10. Feeling stressed about kicking our LifeGroup back off in the new year. Anxious but hoping for God-honoring community.