1. I’m addicted to comedy podcasts. As a kid, I wanted to be a stand-up comedian. I guess this is my way of vicariously pursuing that?
2. Some of this has hit my Twitter and FB this past week, but it’s my new soapbox; I’ve been listening to a lot of worship podcasts lately and I’m blown away by how the “hosts” never mention their congregations. How can this be? How can worship pastors create a “resource” for others and spend the whole time focusing on themselves? I don’t get it.
3. I am so grateful for this year at Bethel. The musicians and tech team have grown by leaps and bounds (and they were ALREADY awesome to begin with!) I’m looking forward to to 2012.
4. Still have 4 albums on my “to-be-reviewed” list. That’s a lot of music to listen to!
5. I’m really excited about services on Christmas Weekend. During Advent, we’ve been preaching through God’s covenants (Abraham, Moses, David and the new covenant in Jesus!) I’m privileged to serve under teachers who are bold enough to preach on Christ’s return on Christmas Eve. We can’t leave that part out of our worship.
6. Playing a song in DADGAD on Sunday. Along with hammered dulcimer. The folkiest worship set ever.
7. I’ve done okay getting back on the no-sweets regimen, but when Christmas hits, you’re gonna’ see some candy disappear.
8. Friday is our day for the kids to go Christmas shopping for each other. DEFINITELY a highlight each year.
9. I’m making my wife watch through all the West Wing seasons with me. She’s digging it, I think, but she doesn’t understand that you’re supposed to watch 9 or 10 episodes in one sitting. Amateur.
10. Getting a haircut on Tuesday so I can look super clean when I open presents.