I love leading worship and consider it to be the greatest job I’ve ever had. That why I get nervous when writing about worship woes. But the fact remains that Sunday has always been – and always be – the most unpredictable day of a worship leader’s life.
If you’re a worship leader, add to the list!
- “Dude, the lyric program just crashed and we can’t get it back on.”
- The welcome mix CD has shuffled onto a song you’re about to do live.
- “I added a few announcements after your first song.It won’t take long.”
- “One of the projectors just blew a bulb.”
- “Holiday weekend. Nobody will be here today.”
- “You look tired.”
- The sound guy checking a mic level as people are walking in.
- “WiFi is down. Can you reset it right quick?
- “Do you know where insert name of important staff person here is? We’ve got a little emergency.”
- “You sing hymns here, right?”