Back with another batch of things that drive me crazy. I’m a little less grumpy this week since the new record was released, but it turns out that church world is still just as baffling and weird.
Debate is a good thing. Somewhere in the worship culture we’ve decided that every new album is good, all sermons are theologically sound and there are no bad worship songs.
I don’t submit these little rants for the sake of venting (although it helps.) I do it because some stuff is great and some stuff isn’t. And it should be talked about.
– Heard a song last week built on the phrase, “We wait for you / We wait for you / We wait for you to walk in the room.” This is not a good song. Already have a post written on it for next week!
– Was grateful folks liked the Dear Pastor post from earlier this week, but surprised I didn’t catch one or two stray haters off it.
– The long awaited trailer for the new Rich Mullins biopic, “Ragamuffin,” dropped this week. There’s a lot going on in this trailer. Check it here. It looks great.
– Finally got our live board mix recording feature up and running at Bethel. Band sounds pretty good. The singer…YIKES.
– Took the plunge and let my wife plan out my diet for this week. It’s been hard, but I’ve taken a few pounds off. Every little bit helps!
– Finally finished a song that had been bugging me for months! It’s very simple, but I like how it turned out. Would like to teach at Bethel very soon!