Back with another batch of things that drive me crazy.
Debate is a good thing. Somewhere in the worship culture we’ve decided that every new album is good, all sermons are theologically sound and there are no bad worship songs.
I don’t submit these little rants for the sake of venting (although it helps.) I do it because some stuff is great and some stuff isn’t. And it should be talked about.
– Been thinking a lot about worship leading as a lifelong career. Love leading worship but feel myself becoming more passionate about training up worship leaders within my church.
– I bought a mondo snare this week for Bethel. Hope it makes me sound cool.
– Jumped back on Facebook this week to help promote a worship thing I did. Granted, it feels nice when people say, “We missed you,” but that site can so easily turn into a black hole of wasted time. Don’t like it.
– Bought a treadmill this week. I’ve been committed to the exercise thing for a while now, but the ability to get miles in regardless of weather (read: 10,000 degrees outside) is nice. Plus I watch movies while I walk. WIN/WIN.
– Related: I don’t know what I ever did before IMDB.
– Realized a while back that I tend to get depressed during Summer. Kristen says it’s probably because the work load at church falls off a bit and I end up feeling rudderless. Committed this week to putting in solid time on both work and exercise to keep the Summer Blues at bay.